Updated: May 11, 2021
The video at the top of this post explores the top ten things to do in Sarasota
Start with world-renowned beaches a thriving arts community and a relaxed atmosphere Sarasota Florida is guaranteed to offer something for everyone.
Hi I’m Donna Salerno is known to many as Florida’s cultural coast this area has so much to offer let’s explore the top ten things to do the area.
- Beaches are some of the top-rated in the nation siesta key Lido Key and Longboat Key are all within easy reach of the city stroll along st. Armands Circle with its fashionable shops and restaurants located in the heart of the city.
- Bayfront Park offers bustling Harbor yachts lined the marina with a spectacular city backdrop spend some time to relax and take in the view.
- The Ringling. Once the winter home of John Ringling of circus Fame this incredible property includes the state art museum of Florida with over 600 Baroque masterpieces including a Rubens Collection that is considered the finest in the world visit the circus museum which chronicles the greatest show on earth as well as the education center along with 66 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens.
- Mote Marine Laboratory. Explore the secrets of the sea through touch pools working labs and high-tech interactive exhibits that showcase world-renowned research sea sharks manatees and sea turtles along with more than 100 other species of marine life don’t miss the echo friendly boat tour this exciting cruise is hands-on educational and fun meet the marine natives dolphins manatees Osprey Eagles and other marine birds in their natural settings and learn more about Florida wildlife from the ship’s biologist.
- Jungle Gardens. These gardens are home to more than 200 native and exotic animals including birds of prey many different species of parrots and macaws primates small mammals dozens of snakes lizards iguanas alligators Crocs and other reptiles all nestled within 10 acres of lush tropical jungle trails.
- The Arts Sarasota is recognized as Florida’s cultural coast and is home to a world-class Symphony ballet and opera house several theaters and art galleries are also located here the Benway Sol Performing Arts Hall known for its architecture and great acoustics features a dazzling season of music shows and programs for all ages.
- Selby Botanical Gardens. A tropical urban oasis featuring unparalleled horticulture displays and a Sarasota Bayfront setting Maurice Elbe Botanical Gardens is an interesting Center for education research and conservation.
- Myakka River. One of the largest state parks protects the diverse Natural Area the Myakka River flows through 58 square miles of wetlands prairies hammocks and Pinelands visitors can explore walking and biking trails kayaking fishing and boat rides.
- Classic Car Museum. Showcasing over 75 automobiles and recognized as the second oldest continuously operating antique car museum in the nation travel back in time and into the future of man’s greatest invention antique exotic European and one-of-a-kind classics are featured in the rotating exhibits throughout walk or bike the paved 15 mile legacy trail which runs south from Sarasota to Venice along an old rail corridor it passes through Oscar cher State Park and on to Venice this area has something for everyone whether you spend the day on the water at the beach or immersing yourself and the many cultural experiences Sarasota has what you are looking for contact Donna Salerno travel today to plan your next exciting vacation here and beyond you’ll love where we take you.
As found on Youtube